Friday, 7 June 2013

Degree Show!

Last night was such a great experience, the result of 3 years working towards a degree surrounded by people that I'll never forget (mostly for the right reasons) and shared far too many all-nighters and embarrassing moments with.

I think about the fact I almost didn't come to uni, and nervously laugh about how bad that idea would have been.

Here are some great photos from last night:


Group photo of almost all of us (I'm the redhead near the middle holding the wine glass) UCS Graphic Design & Graphic Illustration Degree show 2013.



The room was soon packed out with people

Massive congrats to Matt & Hannah for winning their awards, Matt for studentship of the year (3 years running) and Hannah for the TCM Internship in London, here are her winning posters:

about 12 of us (including me and Hannah) had smaller group interviews with TCM during the day so they could judge who to give this year's internship to.

I really appreciated their feedback on my poster designs - they thought my Moulin Rouge piece was beautifully illustrated (their words not mine), but ultimately it would be hard to translate into motion and screen work. Although this aspect wasn't in our original brief, I can definitely see where these concerns were coming from, and agree with them.
Ultimately I think Hannah's concept was really strong, the slightly-hidden female symbols really worked well and the minimal style is very screen-ready.
The TCM representatives also mentioned that overall the standard of our work was very high, so everyone was pretty chuffed.
THE SHOW WILL GO ON!
If you want to pop down to check out all this hot off the press design and illustration work then take a trip down to UCS Ipswich from now until the 16th!



Also, I just put myself forward for an exciting project happening in London in July, I can't say too much about it right now but it involves films again (coincidence?) and the mighty Church of London and Little White Lies.

I am super excited!
Hope everyone else out there who's just had their private view had a great night too!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment