Monday, 31 December 2012

NYE resolutions and wacoming

Hey guys, well ever since the official christmassy part of the holidays came to an end (which was pretty damn quick) I have had post-pudding depression and don't feel like doing much or feel very inspired...

BUT

I was very very lucky to get a new tablet as my christmas/birthday present this year, up until now I've been working with an old A5 wacom CTE-430 and although it was a nice little tablet I found the size of it difficult and pen pressure sensitivity was non-existent. 

Now I have a medium sized intuos5 and I'm enjoying pressing all the buttons to find out what shortcuts they use (instruction manual? what instruction manual?) and generally loving the fact it almost feels like you're drawing with a virtual pen or pencil. 

Here are a few sketches I wacomed (it's a verb now) during christmas, still trying to get the hang of it:

 because dragons pulling sleighs would be as awesome as reindeer imo. (click to embiggen)


quick lifestudy of my nan sitting with her dog

and another quick lifestudy of my dad typing away on the laptop, in matching day glo orange jumper & party hat.

As for the resolutions...I've only made one for next year so far...if I think of any more I shall sketch a quick pic and blog it, but for now it's to


Even though I'll be doing even more for my dissertation in the coming months, this is more of a 'read the pile of books you got for christmas last year, then start reading the pile of books you got this year' resolution. One of the books I've been wanting to read for ages and just got is Bill Bryson's 'A Short History of Nearly Everything' so I might tackle that first.

Hope you all had a great holiday, and here's to an even better 2013!!

Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment