Monday, 21 May 2012

Type as Image

About a week ago I noticed there was a stack of abandoned papers in the mac room, each with a single printed letter on, so one day I started to make pictures out of them. Then my friend Matt started challenging me with certain letters

scottie dog playing with a ball

two negative space ice lollies

then I challenged Matt to draw a sketch for the 'a' as well and see if we had different ideas

Matt came up with a surprised hedgehog

and I went for a dragon
 


finally I raised the bar by drawing a sleeping snorlax...so high in fact that we saw no reason to continue. But I recommend trying this when you're stuck for ideas, it seems much more creative :P

more posts to come!

4 comments:

  1. This is such a cool idea! My fave is the last one, the snorlax :) might have to give this a go. It's surprising what you can come up with when you're making something from nothing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you glad you liked the snorlax, it might be interesting to try this with different fonts as well, because a 'd' in one font could be a totally different shape in another. But yes definitely try it out if you get the time - if nothing else it's a good stress reliever/procrastination technique ;)

      Delete
  2. Hmmm yea that's a cool idea AND i've just had a brainwave! I recently completed an A-Z Blogging Challenge which is basically where you have to post something related to each letter of the alphabet (in order) everyday. This is such a cool idea....I'm making a note of this in my blog notebook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah yeah I checked out your posts for that, especially impressed with the fact you found a quote to use for X, blogging everyday definitely takes a lot of dedication also, and its been really nice to see something new each day

      Delete