Monday, 9 April 2012

Feature: Introducing THE SCRIBBLE DIARY!

Hey guys, today I have a little feature on this fantastic book by Lisa Currie, in her own words: 
"The Scribble Diary is your own playful, personal doodling space - to vent your thoughts, reflect on your day, and jot down what's in your brain right now" 

I discovered this book (set to be released next month) a few days ago when Lisa emailed me with an exciting proposition - create doodles using her prompts to promote the book!
And so I did! And they were so much fun to do because these aren't your average doodle-prompts, you can tell Lisa has put as much time and energy as possible into making them fun and engaging. I also love her goal to get as many different submissions as possible to the Scribble project blog < (print out the template and see for yourself!)

I really can't wait to see the rest of this book, and get myself a copy because I can tell it's great for drawing-block; and an ideal way to motivate yourself to do a doodle a day :)
You can see mine and other awesome illustrator contributors on the Scribble Diary site http://www.thescribblediary.com and also on the tumblr showcase http://thescribblediary.tumblr.com/


Happy scribbling!

8 comments:

  1. Thank you, this is an awesome find, I love stuff like this. I have printed off my scribble project and can't wait to get started on it! Its similar to the books by Keri Smith, check them out too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no problem! I look forward to seeing your finished project :) I shall be sure to check out Keri Smith too x

      Delete
    2. Did you see yet? did you see yet? I get ever so excited at any mention of her books *walks away quietly and camly*

      Delete
    3. haha yep I just checked them out, really want Wreck this journal and finish this book! *adds to wishlist* thanks for steering me in her direction :) have you got any of her books?

      Delete
    4. Yea, i have Mess which I've done and I use it for inspiration when i'm stuck for ideas. I have Let's Make Great Art by Marion Deuchars which i'm working through (it's more drawing techniques whereas Keri's are crazy). My friends boughtWreck this Journal and another too. They love em and can't put them down! I have a huge list of wishlist books too.

      Delete
    5. That's great she definitely looks like the inspiring crazy type, just what people need when they have creative block! will be sure to have a look at Let's Make Great Art too

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for the sweet feature, Sarah! I'm excited to see how you attack the rest of the book when it comes out ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I'd better get my scribbling tools at the ready ;) and no worries, very excited for it!

      Delete