Saturday, 24 September 2011

Book cover project!

Hey everyone, I'm back at uni again so expect loads more updates now I have internet once more *touch wood*

Over the summer the illustration pathway students (including yours truly) were set the task of re-designing 3 book jackets in a more illustrative style. When we came to present them the tutors admitted the covers they had picked were challenging on purpose :P but it's always good to be challenged. So, here are my attempts, which on the whole we were both pleased with and I had quite a lot of fun designing :) I still need to keep simplifying my work, but I feel like I've improved a *lot* over a year, and practice makes perfect.


original:

redesign:

original:

redesign:
original:

redesign:

Hope you enjoy :) more updates to come soon, including all the doodles from this summer's sketchbook

2 comments:

  1. Hi Saarah, Glad you are back. Interesting book cover concepts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankyou for the feedback :) I appreciate it a lot, and yes indeed I missed blogging haha

    ReplyDelete