Wednesday, 18 May 2011

Six Word Story posters

For our last project before the end of the year, we were all given a story written by one of the English students. If you're wondering what the deal is with six word stories, check out the SWSE blog and SWSE website. Highly recommended, and great to see how different designers tackle such short stories.

Anywhoot, the one I chose/was given was 'Tattoo? Left or right arm? Mistake.'
So I started to sketch out what that could mean (we had to do one purely typographical poster and one illustrative) 




for the illustrative one I liked the idea that the guy was getting a tattoo of his girlfriend's name or something, and he's just sitting there like 'ohshitohshitohshit' but trying to seem fine with it.

Sadly I had to ditch that idea in favour of something a bit more subtle and open to interpretation, so I decided to use an illustration of a tattoo gun instead


and here are the final posters, there were a LOT of alternate versions but in the end these were the two that stood out to me the most.


typographic

No comments:

Post a Comment