Saturday, 11 September 2010

this was fun

Influence Maps going around dA

click on the pic for full-view :)

Ok, from left to right -
Richard Scarry: I used to have his story books as a kid and they're one of my earliest memories. whimsical characters and pretty watercolours :)

Pokemon: couldn't leave out one of the biggest parts of my childhood ; ) especially the first few games/generation

Amanda Palmer: Could have just as easily been a Dresden Dolls picture, but quintessentially her writing and outlook on life helped shape me into a much more well-rounded teenager. And probably adult.

South Park: Eric Cartman is a tubby, foul-mouthed hero, and I love Matt & Trey's writing so very, very much.

Calvin & Hobbes: Intelligent, witty, love.

Daria!: I need to get the complete collection now it's finally out on dvd...even if it's in region 1! Sarcasm is not the lowest form of wit : P

*next row*
Fosters Home For Imaginary Friends: I was so pleasantly surprised when this aired on cartoon network, crammed full with imagination and Things That Actually Make Grown Ups Laugh. The character design is spot on and looks like so much fun to work on

Jhonen Vasquez: He just pips Amanda for my biggest influence. Whether you know him for Invader Zim or Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, or even filler bunny, hopefully you can see why this is. His hilarious dark humor is only matched by the level of detail put into his work. Wacky Mr. Vasquez

Harry Potter: Totally, adored the books and some of the films didn't make me want to retch my guts up. That's enough for me. Never got my wizard letter but I suppose I can forgive Rowling this once.

Catdog: Did you see this show?? It was amazing! from the title sequence to just.. all of it. If I ever go into animation that's the kind of thing I'd love to make.

*next row*
Mitchell & Webb: My British comedy fix. Although I am British, but most of our comedy at the moment is poor. These two keep me sane whenever peep show isn't being filmed and that mitchell & webb look hasn't finished airing its current season. Basically what I'm getting at is there should be MOAR of them. on the tele.

Disney: Of course I watched countless disney films as a child, but my all-time favourite probably has to be Robin Hood. It's my most-cherished and the one I can still happily re-watch again & again (close seconds are Lion king, Hercules and monsters inc). For some reason I didn't enjoy the princess ones as much... but this one has a maid, a talking rooster and a king that sucks his thumb. What more could you want?

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Yep, I mentioned my love for this show before, and indeed pretty much all of the Jossverse because it's the writing that *really* makes the show what it is. And gives you perfect one-liners to use such as 'What is your childhood trauma?!' and 'I'm an old fashioned girl. I was raised to believe the women have the babies and the men dig up the corpses'.
Seriously, the show has so many amazing quotes that getting through this wiki page could take you hours...hours of FUN
[link]

Fairly Odd Parents: There was a slight obsession that went around when this show started. I liked it. Lots of people could see how big the demographic was and I'm sure it'll still be as funny to watch in the years to come even when I'm a sad old adult. Obtuse, rubber goose, green moose, guava juice,
Giant snake, birthday cake, large fries, chocolate shake.
hehehe.

more art to come sooooon.

No comments:

Post a Comment